Discovering Stored Treasures

Discovering Genealogy, One Ancestor at a Time.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

And now on Kindle!




Today is a big day! Stored Treasures was released on Kindle! I must admit it's pretty exciting! The Kindle version has a few new pictures which I discovered after I published the first edition, so check it out!

Why did it take so long to go electronic? Good question. At first the book was available as an e-book with the print publisher Lulu.com. The print version took quite a few months to make an appearance on Amazon. Then Lulu changed their ebook format from pdf to ePub (neither of which work on the Kindle).  I challenged myself to learn ePub, how difficult could it be? I spent weeks, and kept coming up with unsatisfactory results. My friend and co-author Barbara Waite, recommended a wonderful woman who could convert my book to an e-book. She did a wonderful job, but we had some glitches with the footnotes (there are over one hundred in the book and they are quite important). In the end, the new launch is also a Marketing move and spacing them out seemed to make sense. If it first I was not sure there would be a demand for an e-book, the numerous request for one, encouraged me.

Thanks to all of you who have supported Stored Treasures from it's conception!
To get your own kindle copy visit amazon.com!
As always I appreciate reviews, likes and shares!

I want to share with you a recent review someone sent me of the book. This is from someone who actually read an earlier draft but never read the final version.

"So, I just finished reading Stored Treasures. I don't why it took me so long...I absolutely loved reading the rough draft/manuscript a couple summers ago (I want to say September 2010?)...it was so fascinating, inspiring, funny, etc., but I guess I just assumed that this was a glossier version of that - more pictures, professionally bound, etc., so there was no rush to re-read it. But a few days ago I decided to pick it up and I couldn't put it down - I basically read the whole thing, cover to cover, in two sittings. Amazing..... I could go on and on, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU.... it's a really remarkable story. "  Matt


6 comments:

  1. Smadar, congratulations on your book's release on Kindle! What excellent news--and I can sense your enthusiasm! Thanks, also for sharing your insights on working with the various e-book formats. A lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaqci. It is a process. I will have more feedback on the other formats. I do consider myself pretty good with computers but these programs are glitchy and I do believe it's worth hiring someone. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Smadar, I'm heading over to Amazon to make my purchase. Looking forward to adding it to my summer reading list. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for buying the book Lynn. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
    2. Smadar, did you see Lynn's review Monday on your book? Nice write up!

      Delete
    3. Lynn, I'm so grateful for your support both for the blog and the book!!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your comments!