Discovering Stored Treasures

Discovering Genealogy, One Ancestor at a Time.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Top Ten Posts!

This is my last post of 2012. I thought it would be most appropriate to revisit my top ten most popular posts, especially since on January 1, 2013, Past-Present-Future, is celebrating it's one year anniversary!





#1. Holocaust Memorial Day: Learning from the Past, A Vigil Against Hate
#2. A Photo Worth A Thousand Words
#3. My Mitochondria
#4. Springfield Vermont, Home of the Simpsons and the Bloomfields
#5. Are You on the Fence? Top Ten Reasons to Jump Into Family History!
#6. Brick Wall Comes Down!
#7. Writing Prompt: First Driving Lesson
#8. Part VI: Which Ancestors to Research?
#9. Part I: One Ancestor and Celebrating Israel's Independence
#10. Three Tips for Genealogy Road Trips!

Somewhat to my surprise the number one most read post was the Holocaust post I wrote on Holocaust Memorial Day, which recently surpassed one of my earliest and most personal posts, A Photo worth a thousand words. My Mitochondria took a strong third, which was no surprise as it was picked up by many on-line newspapers for months after it came out. Another surprising result was Brick Wall Comes Down, posted only two weeks ago, and already at number six! The Bloomfield Series of Posts made the Top Ten list three times (#4, #8 and #10) making it my most popular series! I was glad to see a variety of post such as family stories and genealogy advice.

Thanks everyone for all the support! Most of all, thanks for reading and for giving me such positive feedback. Thanks for sharing forward on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and all the other possible ways to share!

I look forward hearing from you all next year! Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. Smadar, congratulations on your blogiversary and one year full of interesting posts. Best wishes for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqui! I can't believe it's been a year! How time flies! Hope 2013 brings you health, peace and joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!