Discovering Stored Treasures

Discovering Genealogy, One Ancestor at a Time.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday's Faces from the Past: Sam Friedberg


Sam and Ruth Friedberg, 1949

This week, we lost a family member, Sam Friedberg. Sam passed away on Tuesday after a brief battle with a very aggressive Lymphoma. He was 86 years old.

Sam's wife Ruth, was my grandmother's first cousin. I had the pleasure of meeting Sam at his home in San Antonio a few years ago. My family and I enjoyed Sam and Ruth's company as they shared family stories and family history with me. Sam, an well respected doctor, took on the hobby of painting during his retirement. I particularly enjoyed the painting he did inspired by my second great-grandparents, which he shared with me during that trip. Sam will be missed! Click here for his obituary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments!