Discovering Stored Treasures

Discovering Genealogy, One Ancestor at a Time.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Featured Interview on Geneartistry.com

Sarah Sward Ashley
Genealogist and founder of www.geneartistry.com
Genealogist Sarah Ashley, founder of Geneartistry has a unique twist on genealogist. She believes, genealogist should pull their files out of storage and display them to the world in a beautiful artistic way! A few months ago, she approached me about an interview. Sarah heard how my genealogy work inspired my husband to create an art installation called "Our Ancestors." Today, she published the  complete interview on her website/blog www.geneartistry.com. I was honored to be approached by Sarah and very much enjoyed working with her, especially her thoughtful questions. I invite you to read the interview and visit her blog!

To read more about the installation "Our Ancestors", visit a post I wrote last March titled Genealogy Art.





3 comments:

  1. Smadar, your interview was great. I never knew the story about how you got started in genealogy research, and I was very glad to learn how much thought went into your decisions to research and write. I look forward to the two books you mention that you are going to write next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Mariann and I particularly appreciate you coming back to my blog to leave a comment! Thanks so much for the support!

      Delete
  2. Smadar,

    Congratulations on your interview!

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/06/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-june-7-2013.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!